7/12/2013

My first BB Cream - Maybelline Dream Fresh BB review

I've wanted a BB Cream for the longest time, but it was impossible to get here in Argentina.

Even though Korean brands are not available here, some western brands recently started releasing their own versions. Many blogs warned, though, that these were nowhere near eastern brands, but they weren't terrible either. Just not as "miraculous" as Korean BB creams appear to be.

A few days ago I read that Maybelline was launching their first BB Cream in my country and, since lately I've been needing a moisturizer (and the Nivea cream I had bought a few months ago was a terrible waste of money) I decided to give it a try.


Ta-da!


First, let me explain a few things about my skin:

* I have an oily T-zone

* I suspect I might have rosacea, since my cheeks go red way too easily

* I have pimples (Seriously, skin? I hit puberty ages ago!)

* I'm not sure yet what my skin tone is! Being a mixture of Italian, French and Native American blood, my skin is just... weird! Sometimes it looks pink-ish, sometimes yellow-ish, and during summer it's all that, plus tanned.

* More often than not, foundations and moisturizers just don't work for me. The only absolutely positive experience with face creams I ever had, was with Vichy's Normaderm (which is currently empty, and I can't afford a new one, for now)

Here it is! From left to right, pimples, redness and my huge pores :)


Keeping all of the above in mind, I truly didn't expect this BB Cream to have the most wonderful results. Besides, Maybelline has let me down before.

These are the results...

This one is a little out of focus, I think

And this one gives a wider look. Despite the terrible light, I can tell it did actually look dewy. Even though this is the other side of my face, I did have a few pimples, and they are quite covered. Also, the redness is almost gone.

So, straight to the promises... and the facts:

- Creates a natural glow: True! doesn't look cakey, nor dusty, nor greasy. It has a dewy finish, which makes the skin look natural and healthy.

- Compliments skin-tone: True! surprisingly, I picked the right tone for my skin! It blends perfectly.

- SPF30 UV protection: I'll have to take their word for that...

- Hydrates all day: Dry skin is not really a problem for me, but my skin did remain hydrated, yet not shiny.

- Blurs imperfections: Partly. To be fair, my imperfections are very noticeable, so i can't really blame the cream for that! But in my redder areas, I had to apply more than one layer.

- Oil-free, non-greasy: True! Even my oiliest areas had a nice matte finish.

- Feels fresh: I'll have to disagree a bit here. Even though it doesn't feel as heavy as a regular foundation, it does feel a bit sticky on my face. To be honest, I think Maybelline's Fit Me feels lighter.

So... The verdict: 

Apart from all the benefits mentioned above, I expected it to work as a concealer too (based on reviews of Korean BB creams), or at least "disguise" my blemishes. It does not fully deliver that. Like I said, I needed to apply more than one layer on my blemishes.

So, I'll probably use it as primer, since I feel like I need more coverage than this BB cream provides. I have tried it with foundation and it works great!

However, it does work as a light foundation if you're going for a more natural look, and it does work as a moisturizer (which is actually what I needed the most).

Besides, the price is quite convenient, since it costs about half as the other available brands, like Revlon or Garnier (and is also the one of these with the best reviews).

I give it three out of five stars (here should go the stars, but I don't know how to make them, so, I'll give you hearts): ♥♥♥


On a completely unrelated topic, I also bought me this mirror, because it was the kawaiiest thing I found, and I couldn't resist.
And some pics that didn't make the cut...


My cat was a bit jealous I hadn't paid attention to him for, like, 5 minutes




And my face looking YELLOW, due to terrible lighting

And this is the cropped version. I looked like a Simpsons' character with hepatitis. 



What about you? Have you tried any BB Creams? How was your experience?


I hope you didn't find it too long and boring.

Thanks for reading!

2 comments:

  1. I have seen a lot of people using this lately! Good review; it was clear to understand the pro and con sides, and I don't think I want to go and get this because of the way my current Korean BB is performing and this sounds like, just less good...

    Thanks for preventing me to buy something I don't like xDD

    PS You have a cuuute kittyy!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. People who have tried both western and Korean brands, prefer Korean, for what I've read on other blogs. This is more of second option if you can't get Korean BB Creams. So, stick to them if you can!

      I'm glad I explained everything clearly :)

      As for the cat, yes, he's cute, but he's a feline attention seeking whore XD

      Delete