8/20/2013

My first pair of GEO lens!!! - Mi primer par de lentes GEO {Spa/Eng post}

I'm gonna try to make this post in both languages, since it's about how I got my first pair of contact lens in Argentina. Something that seemed impossible a few months ago, but I got them!
How about that, huh?
I apologize in advance, since it may not be a very easy read. I've never written a post in both languages, but I'll try my best.

Voy a intentar hacer este post en ambos idiomas, ya que trata de cómo conseguí mi primer par de lentes de contacto en Argentina. Algo que parecía imposible hace unos meses, pero los conseguí!
Que les parece, eh?
Pido disculpas de antemano, ya que puede no ser fácil de leer. Nunca escribí un post en dos idiomas, pero voy a hacer lo mejor posible.

For those of you who don't know, not too long ago I was a bit bummed because getting a decent pair of contact lens at a reasonable price was nearly impossible. Of course, you could buy them online, but that would involve a Paypal account linked to a credit card, which I didn't have (besides, some days ago I was told that you no longer can link a credit card if it's from Argentina! Which also means you can't add money to your account, let alone get to buy anything online)

Para los que no lo saben, hace no mucho estaba un poco bajoneada porque conseguir un par de lentes de contacto decentes a un precio razonable parecía imposible. Por supuesto, se podían comprar por internet, pero eso involucraba una cuenta de Paypal asociada a una tarjeta de crédito, la cual no tenía (además, hace unos días me dijeron que ya no podés asociar una tarjeta de crédito si es de Argentina! Lo cual también significa que no le podés cargar dinero a tu cuenta, mucho menos comprar algo por internet)

About two weeks ago, having given up hope of ever getting Korean lens, I started googling prices of contact lens, and I came across this seller in Mercado Libre (our national equivalent of e-Bay) and she had plenty of models, mostly for cosplay but also many gyaru-esque models too!

Hace alrededor de dos semanas, habiendo abandonado toda esperanza de conseguir lentes de contacto coreanos, empecé a googlear precios de lentes y me encontré con esta vendedora en Mercado Libre que tenía muchos modelos, mayormente para cosplay, pero unos cuantos estilo gyaru también!

The price was the same as Acuvue lens, except these only last for a month and GEOs last a year and have plenty of models.

El precio era el mismo que los lentes Acuvue, excepto que estos sólo duran un mes y los GEO duran un año y tienen muchos más modelos.

So, I got me the CM 901.
Así que me conseguí los CM 901


These ones! (yes, the pic is tiny)
Estos! (sí, la imagen es mínima)


Color:
These lens, I must say, are a bit darker than I expected. I actually thought the color would be radically different from mine, but it just adds a dark shade of gray, which I would call steel gray.

Color:
Son un poco más oscuros de lo que yo esperaba. En realidad pensé que el color iba a ser radicalmente diferente al mío, pero sólo suma un tono oscuro de gris al que llamaría gris plomo.


Design:
They look very, very natural!
Even though I wanted a dramatic change in my eye color, I also wanted them to look natural enough to be worn every day, and that they would blend naturally with my dark brown eyes

Diseño:
Se ven muy, muy naturales!
Aunque quería un cambio dramático en mi color de ojos, también quería que se vieran lo suficientemente naturales como para usarlos todos los días, y que el color se mezclara naturalmente con mis ojos marrón oscuro.

Enlargement:
At 14 mm, none, really, which is good, because I also didn't want my eyes to look huge. Again, this is a quite natural design.

Agrandamiento (se dice así? XD)
Con 14 mm, la verdad, ninguno; lo cual es bueno, porque tampoco quería que mis ojos se vieran gigantes. Como dije, es un modelo bastante natural.

Comfort:
After having used Acuvue, these feel like I have nothing on. They feel more elastic to the touch, and I don't feel any discomfort. Except for a bit of dryness, but I already have that when I'm wearing no lens at all.

Comodidad:
Después de haber usado Acuvue, estos se sienten como si no tuviera nada. Se sienten más elásticos al tacto y no siento ninguna incomodidad. Salvo por un poco de sequedad, pero eso ya lo tengo cuando no estoy usando lentes.


Here are some pics:
Mind you, these have filters! Still, no matter where I took the pics (kitchen, bathroom, bedroom) the light made the color different every time, so not one single pic I've taken does justice to the color.
Honestly, most pics I found online don't, since the color becomes more or less noticeable depending on whether you use flash or not and on your natural eye color.

Acá hay algunas fotos:
Aclaro, tienen filtros! Aún así, sin importar donde sacara las fotos (cocina, baño, habitación) la luz hacía que el color se viera diferente cada vez, así que ni una foto le hace realmente justicia al color.
Honestamente, la mayoría de las fotos que encontré en internet no le son fieles al color, ya que se vuelve mas o menos notorio dependiendo de si se usa o no flash y de tu color de ojos natural.


Best close-up considering the terrible quality of my camera phone.
El mejor acercamiento considerando la terrible calidad de la cámara de mi teléfono.
In this one the lens moved a little, so you can appreciate the color a bit more.
En esta el lente se movió un poco, así se puede apreciar un poco más el color.

Here you can see the difference between the lens that is receiving more light and the one that isn't.
Acá se puede ver la diferencia entre el lente al que le dá la luz de lleno y el que no.

And this is plain camwhoring XD
Y esta es simplemente camwhoring XD


About the seller:
Her name is Laura Acevedo, she's from Buenos Aires and she has this online store called Cosplay Stuff. You can find her on Facebook. She sells lens and wigs and is incredibly nice! (I asked her SO MANY questions and she always replied politely and patiently)

Sobre la vendedora:
Su nombre es Laura Acevedo, es de Buenos Aires y tiene esta tienda online llamada Cosplay Stuff. La podés encontrar en Facebook. Vende lentes y pelucas y es increíblemente simpática! (Le hice MUCHAS preguntas y siempre respondió paciente y cortesmente)


She sends her products internationally, but I think it'll be convenient to buy from her if you're from Argentina or South America, mainly because of the prices and to make sure the delivery won't take ages. And, if you live in Buenos Aires, you can pick them up yourself and save yourself the shipping costs (which is what I did)

Hace envíos internacionales, pero creo que es conveniente comprarle si sos de Argentina o Sudamérica, principalmente por los precios y para asegurarte de que el envió no tarde demasiado. Y, si vivís en Buenos Aires podés retirarlo personalmente y ahorrarte el envío (que es lo que hice yo)

I plan on buying more lens from her soon (and maybe even a wig... I've never tried one!), so stay tuned for more reviews.

Thank you for reading!

Planeo comprarle más lentes (y capaz hasta una peluca... nunca usé una!), así que manténganse conectados para más reseñas.

Gracias por leer!

4 comments:

  1. Wonderful post...I like your pretty blog.^^
    Maybe follow each other on bloglovin?
    Let me know follow you then back.
    Lovely greets nessa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot!
      I love fashion blogs, so I'm following you right away :)

      Delete
  2. Thank you very much! ^^
    I already am following you on Bloglovin' :)
    Thank you for your sweet comment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for the follow.
    Follow you back on bloglovin.
    Lovely greets

    ReplyDelete