8/24/2013

Buenos Aires' Chinatown + Hallyu Kermesse

Today I went to my first Hallyu event! It was about the whole Korean wave: K-pop, K-dramas, etc., but honestly, I went for K-pop! And the food... keke.

My boyfriend was kind enough to come with me, even though he really isn't into K-pop (he ends up learning the songs though, against his will XD)

Anyhow, the event was what is called a kermesse: there were different games you could play, which gave you tickets which you could afterwards exchange for all kinds of stuff, like coffee mugs or band posters.

Buuut... I didn't play. First, because I'm really introvert, and there were also a lot of people standing in line to get to play, and most people were much younger than me. So, I felt a bit outta place there.

However, that didn't stop me from getting a taste of kimbap samples!
                       
These are what you could call a Korean version of sushi rolls. The taste was more "western" though, since the main ingredient was ham or sausage.
 It was delicious! If you can get your hands on these, I recommend trying them.

Another thing that I really enjoyed were the stands where fans sold merchandise of different bands.
The pics are a bit dark since there was a music videos projection going on and the lights were dim. It was also very full of K-pop fans, so it was kinda hard to get to the front and get a good view of everything they had to offer.

In this stand there were stickers and patches to sew into clothes or bags. 

This one was my favorite! They had posters, buttons and key-chains. Sadly, by the time I got there, most key-chains had been sold, so I couldn't get one of 2NE1 :(

Here were some customized notebooks. You could choose your favorite cover and they would ensemble it there for you.

Here I managed to get a close up of the notebooks. I kinda wanted one, but since I've already got way too many notebooks (most handmade). I decided to spend my money on something else...
So I bought me these 2NE1 buttons :D They were really cheap and even though the close-up is terrible, they're actually very cute!
I didn't stay too long though. And since the kimbap was really good and it wasn't enough food for lunch, I headed to my favorite part of Buenos Aires.

Chinatown! (Or "Barrio Chino", as we know it)

This is the entrance. Isn't it majestic?
As the tourist that I am, I had to take a picture...
First stop: food.

Octopus meatballs on a stick. There are many places where you can buy food and sit on benches on the sidewalk to eat.
This is one of my and my boyfriend's favorite food choices.

And sushi too, of course. This one had salmon, avocado and Philadelphia cheese. Yummy!

And these we took home. These had kani kama and shrimp.
The presentation is terrible, I know! But we got home so hungry we ate them at once.

And, already with a full stomach, I went in search of some kawaii items. To be honest, I wanted to buy everything!!! But I restrained myself and only bought these...

I don't know why, but I have a fascination with socks! And these were just irresistibly cute!

I couldn't leave Chinatown without some Hello Kitty items. The problem is, since Hello Kitty is so hugely popular here, its merchandise is really expensive (even when most of it aren't licensed products). But these were particularly cute and cheap, and I had to have them!

Close-up of the lens.

And I also bought this Piccolo for my boyfriend ^ ^

Well, that was it for today. Maybe not a very interesting post, but I really wanted to share it :)

Thank you for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment